A Raisin In The Sun
- Written by: Lorraine Hansberry
- Director: Jay Kaplan
- Asst. Director: Shondra Tipler
- Producers: Susie Gardiner, Jillian Frederick, Shannon Herbst
Thought by many to be one of the best plays ever written, this award-winning drama tells the story of a black family’s experiences as they dream to improve their circumstances after an insurance payout. The timeless production revolves around the plans and conflicts within three generations of the Younger family: Walter Lee, his wife Ruth, his sister Beneatha, his son Travis and matriarch Lena. The plot deftly deals with matters of racism and assimilation and is as moving today as it was when it was written in 1959.
September 15, 16, 17*, 22, 23, 24*
- Fridays & Saturdays @ 8 p.m.
- *Sunday Matinees @ 2 p.m.
- This show is only two (2) weekends instead of (3) three in order to accommodate some theatre upgrades
- All tickets: $25 (includes ticketing fee)
- To purchase tickets to this show, click here
- For further information, call 248-644-2075
- Dez Walker as Walter Lee Younger
- Shelby Bradley as Lena Younger
- Jacinta Shanae as Ruth Younger
- Zahirah Muhammad as Beneatha Younger
- Wilson Roberson as Travis Younger
- Quan Chambers as George Murchison
- Santi Barker as Joseph Asagai
- Deborah Carter as Mrs. Johnson
- Mark Carley as Karl Lindner
- Marcus Caesar as Bobo